The 12ththe July 2021 is the most important date for the NSRF 2021-2027, since it concerns the categorical date of submission of the text through the European Commission's SFC2021 platform.
You can find the 2021-2027 PE-ESPA corporate agreement here:
The new NSRF has set 5 simplified objectives to be implemented and they concern:
- Innovative and smart economic transformation through "Smarter Europe"
- The immediate energy transition through "Greener Europe"
- The best connected Europe with main reference to ICT (Information and Communication Technologies)
- Focus on the Social Rights Pillar
- A Europe close to the citizens
In NSRF 21-27, simpler procedures for the payment of expenses will be observed, with the aim of combating red tape. Simplified Eligible Expenditure (SCO) options will be included.
The lower EU co-financing thresholds are distributed as follows:
- 70% in less developed regions, Outermost regions, Cohesion Fund & Interreg
- 55% Transition regions
- 40% More developed regions
The total public expenditure of the programs to be announced by the NSRF 2021-2027 amount to €26.2 billion, while the total community participation amounts to €20.9 billion.
Below are the Sectoral Programs with the corresponding amounts of Public Expenditure:
- "Competitiveness-Entrepreneurship-Innovation" program, with a budget of €4,117,370,989. It focuses on Industry 4.0, SME Clusters, improving employee skills & supporting entrepreneurship through the use of mechanisms.
- "Digital Transformation" program, with a total budget of €637,898,862. It focuses on the digital transformation of the public sector.
- "Environment-Energy-Climate Change" program, with a budget of €3,769,210,516
- "Transport Infrastructures" Program: DD 2,313,798,223 € with priority on sustainable investments in transport infrastructures.
- Program "Human Resources Development-Education and Lifelong Learning": DD 4,410,656,859 € with priority implementation of actions against poverty and social exclusion. Reinforcement of actions for education, public health & professional training.
- "Political Protection" program, with a DD of €756,956,959
- "Just Development Transition" program, with a DD of €1,617,716,955 for the regions of Western Macedonia and Megalopolis (lignite de-addiction areas).
- "European Territorial Cooperation" programs (see today's Interreg)
- "Fisheries and the Sea" program with a budget of €468,744,879
- "Technical Assistance" program with a total budget of €433,944,275
PEP: Regional Programs
33,33% of the new period's total resources are allocated in an effort to fight the crisis that existed in previous years, the intra-regional inequalities and exploit the production potential of the Regions.
The distribution of regions is as follows:
- Region of Eastern Macedonia & Thrace: €604,933,191
- Region of Central Macedonia: €1,363,116,124
- Region of Western Macedonia: €373,042,135
- Region of Thessaly: €524,275,431
- Region of Epirus: €403,288,795
- North Aegean Region: €373,042,135
- South Aegean Region: €357,360,855
- Region of Crete: €534,357,651
- Region of the Ionian Islands: €272,219,935
- Region of Central Greece: €403,288,795
- Region of Western Greece: €594,850,970
- Region of Attica: €2,025,044,839
- Peloponnese Region: €388,165,465